Sunday, March 6, 2011

A Family Feeds Their Love...

After the dear family I wrote about last night read my blog, Trisha shared an old photo of me around their family's dinner table.  The Italian father of that family passed away when I was in high school and it left a void in all of the neighborhood kids' hearts.  I am very grateful to have known this family all my life through, to have shared in their love and food, and to now have this picture to cherish as well.  Trisha shared her father's mantra with me, saying, "A family feeds their love by sitting together and eating at the table, even if it's only a tuna fish sandwich."  I am determined to carry that motto with me when I begin my own family.  This blog is really about me becoming a woman and finding what it means to take care of a home and the people I love by feeding them--in every way.
Me, front and center in the Miragliuolo's dining room

No comments:

Post a Comment